The new Z900 epitomizes Kawasaki's belief of what the ideal supernaked bike should be. Every twist of the throttle is rewarded with crisp, exhilarating acceleration and an ultra-lightweight chassis lends itself to spirited sport riding. Designed for maximum riding pleasure, this sublime balance of power and handling make the Z900 exceptionally exciting and easy to ride.
- Engine: 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, inline-four
- Displacement: 948cc
- Bore x Stroke: 73.4 x 56.0mm
- Compression ratio: 11.8:1
- Fuel System: DFI® with 36mm Keihin throttle bodies
- Ignition: TCBI with electronic advance
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Final Drive: Sealed chain
- Front Suspension / Wheel Travel: 41mm inverted fork with rebound damping and spring preload adjustability/4.7 in
- Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel: Horizontal back-link, stepless rebound damping, adjustable spring preload/5.5 in
- Front Tire: 120/70 ZR17 Dunlop Sportmax D214
- Rear Tire: 180/55 AR17 Dunlop Sportmax D214
- Front Brakes: Dual 300mm petal-type rotors with four-piston calipers
- Rear Brakes: Single 250mm petal-type rotor with single-piston caliper
- Frame Type: High-tensile steel backbone
- Rake/Trail: 25 deg./4.1 in.
- Overall Length: 81.5 in.
- Overall Width: 32.3 in.
- Overall Height: 41.9 in.
- Ground Clearance: 5.1 in.
- Seat Height: 31.3 in.
- Curb Weight: 463.1 lb.
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal.
- Wheelbase: 57.1 in.
ABS Model Shown.
Curb weight includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90 percent capacity) and tool kit (if supplied).