KTM has ruled off-road for decades. The special edition SIX DAYS models celebrate this success with special performance upgrades and top-of-the-line components. In 2017 the ISDE (International Six Days of Enduro) will be held in Brive-la-Gaillarde, France and the KTM model line-up has been suitably equipped to handle anything the muddy and rocky terrain can throw at it. Thanks to its compact SOHC powerhouse fitted in a state-of-the-art chassis, the KTM 450 EXC-F SIX DAYS is the strongest, most competitive dual-sport in its class. Combined with a low weight and off-the-shelve 4-stroke ferocity, this pioneer will take you anywhere.
Slim Ergonomics for Perfect Control
- Bodywork: The KTM EXC-F SIX DAYS has bodywork with extremely slim ergonomics and excellent contact points between rider and machine. It provides unlimited freedom of movement and has the styling to match this renowned event.
- Handlebar: KTM engineers know how to handle handlebars. This tapered unit, made of high-strength aluminum by NEKEN, features a throttle assembly with a robust aluminum body and easy free-play adjustment. An ODI volcanized grip sits on the right, while on the left side of the bar a comfortable ODI lock-on grip requires no glue or wire to secure it. You can retrofit two interchangeable throttle cams, for different response characteristics to suit your specific needs.
- Seat: Tailored to meet the needs of the best off-road racers, this durable seat offers great comfort, while being 10mm lower to help you master the most challenging terrain.
- Front Suspension: The all-new WP XPlor 48 upside-down fork is a split fork developed by WP in close collaboration with KTM. It is fitted with a spring on both sides but features separated functions for each fork leg: compression damping is fitted on the left side, while rebound is on the right. So the forks can easily be adjusted for compression and rebound with the twist of a dial on the top of the forks. In addition, a longer and sealed hydro-stop guarantees better resistance to bottoming-out. Due to high-quality materials and a state-of-the-art production process, the new XPlor 48 fork - with approx. 300mm of travel - has outstanding response and damping characteristics and is about a half of a pound lighter than its predecessor.
- Engine Management System: The state-of-the-art Keihin Engine Management System with electronic fuel injection features an all-new 42mm throttle body. Thanks to its unique injector position, the engine’s response gives a whole new meaning to the word ‘instantaneous’. And to make life even easier, separate systems for cold starts and idle adjustment await you. Push the throttle back when the engine’s alive and well, and the cold start mode disengages.
- Frame: The high-tech, lightweight chrome-moly steel frame has a knack for easy handling, outlandish rideability, precise cornering and excellent stability. You can also count on high torsional rigidity and low longitudinal stiffness. This results in better absorption of the energy created from the front and rear suspension sucking up jumps and bumps. In short: more comfort and less rider fatigue. Laterally attached, lightweight engine head stays (the connection between cylinder head and frame) contribute to a reduced vibration level. Two threaded inserts in the lower cradle tubes allow for safe fixation of an optional skid plate. The engineers could pull off all that, while making their frame 2.2 pounds lighter than that of the lightest competitor on the market. In addition, it is easier to maintain, easier to work on and supplies more space for the tank and other components. The bike also features an extra-light subframe made of aluminum, which tips the scales at less than 2 pounds.
- Triple Clamp: All Six Days models are fitted with high-end CNC machined triple clamps anodized in orange with an offset of 22mm, ensuring a solid grip of the fork and precise handling. The handlebar is adjustable forwards and backwards over 4 positions, so the bike will fit you like your favorite gloves.
- Brakes: You can’t brake any harder, better, faster or stronger. High-tech Brembo calipers are combined with lightweight wave discs and feature a reduced piston diameter for better modulation. The rear brake now features a 10mm longer brake pedal, and less aggressive brake pads are fitted front and rear. The steel-flex front brake hose gets more efficient protection and there’s an integrated channel for the speedo cable. First you outrun them, then you outbrake them.
Exclusive Six Days Equipment as Standard
- Six Days seat for improved long-distance comfort
- Exclusive Six Days graphics with a striking design
- Handlebar with Six Days logo
- Machined orange anodized triple clamps for extremely precise fork clamping and optimum fork function
- Radiator fan for all 4-stroke models to optimize temperature management in extreme conditions
- Floating front brake disc for consistent braking performance in extreme conditions
- Solid rear brake disc (no slots/holes) for improved heat resistance and reduced brake pad wear
- Orange Anodized Rear Sprocket
- Front axle puller for simple front wheel removal
- Orange frame
- Engine guard for effective engine protection
- Orange chain guide
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Displacement: 449.3 cm³
- Bore: 95 mm
- Stroke: 63.4 mm
- Starter: Electric starter
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Secondary gear ratio: 14:45
- Clutch: Wet, DDS multi-disc clutch, Brembo hydraulics
- EMS: Keihin EMS
- Frame design: Chrome-molybdenum steel central-tube frame
- Front suspension: WP-USD Xplor 48 with preload adjuster
- Rear suspension: WP Xplor PDS shock absorber
- Suspension travel (front): 11.81 inch
- Front brake: Disc brake
- Rear brake: Disc brake
- Front brake disc diameter: 260 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Steering head angle: 63.5 deg.
- Seat height: 37.8 in.
- Weight READY TO RACE (without fuel): 241.4 lb.
- Suspension travel (rear): 12.2 in.
- Tank capacity (approx.): 2.25 US gal.
The illustrated vehicles may vary in selected details from the production models and some illustrations feature optional equipment available at additional cost. All information concerning the scope of supply, appearance, services, dimensions and weights is non-binding and specified with the proviso that mistakes, printing, setting and typing errors may occur; such information is subject to change without notice.